Marella Cruises Discovery Vessel's
Full Technical Design & Installation during the changeover from Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas & Legend Of The Seas to Marella Discovery 1 & 2
Peel AV were appointed as the lead Technical Contractors by Marella Cruises (previously Thomson Cruises, part of the TUI Group) to provide a unique turnkey Audio Visual offering in the handover and launch of their new ‘Discovery’ class of Cruise Ships. This was an integral role in the conversion of both Royal Caribbean’s ‘Splendour Of The Seas’ to Thomson Discovery (Now Marella Discovery) in 2016, and Royal Caribbean’s ‘Legend Of The Seas’ to Thomson Discovery 2 (Now Marella Discovery 2) in 2017, for all Ship-wide Entertainment Technical elements; full AV fit out of all entertainment lounges, theatres, deck spaces, cinema and so on.
Liaising and consulting with the client throughout all stages of the continually developing project, Peel AV provided services from inception with the re-design of venues and specification of hardware, to on-site management and installation with our diverse team of highly experienced and skilled engineers.
We executed the programme of installation with optimum results for a premium client and passenger experience, the result of which was an award for our contribution from a very satisfied client. The Ships have since gone onto win several awards for their entertainment.
Organising complete procurement and installation of the projects at a cost of over £500,000.00 per vessel, Peel utilised their established relationships with leading international audio visual brands and manufacturers, and also worldwide couriers to satisfy the demanding needs of large scale international freights with strict and crucial deadlines.
Across each Vessel throughout numerous lounges Peel AV provided
• Installation of over 250 LED lighting fixtures
• Installation of custom designed lighting rigs and trusses tailored to newly designed
venues’ unique requirements
• Installation of large LED Screens in multiple theatres and lounges
• Installation of external LED Screens as the focal point of the entertainment product
on the Vessel’s Pool Deck, with custom designed framework
• Multiple PA systems, designed and tailored with Soundweb systems across several
theatres and lounges, including arena-style line array systems
• Full AV design and installation for the conversion of a casino lounge to brand new
main live music venue
• The installation and design of the first use of outdoor laser shows
• Implementation of state-of-the-art and creative concepts, including a Cruise Ship first
‘Virtual Band’ offering
• Provision and installation of Karaoke booths, gaming, and virtual reality areas
• Over 5km of new cabling installation
• Installation of the iconic Cruise Line’s LED logo on the Ship’s funnel
• Installation, commissioning, servicing & testing of guardian audio muting systems to comply with marine safety regulations.
A long term relationship:
PEEL also provided AV services to Royal Caribbean Cruises in a long term partnership which, for 5 years, saw us providing them with ongoing technical support and technical upgrades as part of an annually renewed service level agreement. We also recruited, trained and managed on board technical staff. The operational organisation required when servicing vessels overseas is significant and testament to our team’s commitment, knowledge and expertise.